Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
SAN Engineer (HI-001-13)
This is an anticipatory position that is projected to start 01 April 2013.
In support of our Marine Corps client''s mission to provide enterprise network operations and computer network defense for the Marine Corps Enterprise Network, the successful candidate will install, configure, operate and manage Virtual Machines and the supporting architecture in support of the Enterprise Services, EDM team.
The candidate shall configure all aspects of VM in support of a 255,000 user environment across multiple separate networks. The contractor shall use their experience with VMware and the experience to deploy and maintain complex VMware environments to provide VM services.
The candidate shall use their experience with VMware Update Manager, VSphere, ESXi, storage area networks, Windows Server operating systems, and VMware vCloud to provide VM services. The candidate shall work with customers and vendors on configuration of features and functionality; train and mentor junior administrators in best practices and internal processes; assist with change management and documentation of environments; work with a dedicated team to ensure success of select customer groups; and ensure customer uptime through precise monitoring implementations, good change management, and incorporation of best practices.
The candidate shall configure all of the aspects of the Storage Area Network (SAN) hardware and software. The candidate shall use their experience with SAN to include Snaps, storage provisioning, management software, recovery procedures, hardware installation and security of Logical Unit Numbers (LUNS) and access to each to provide SAN support.
The candidate shall use their knowledge of Storage devices, software and hardware at the Tier III Level and their expertise with Windows, VMware, and networking to provide SAN services. The environment is VMware based and the candidate shall use their knowledge of VMware to provide SAN services.
The candidate shall configure data center switches for access from the internet to internal application servers in a secure manner and also configure SSL access and logging on the devices.
The candidate shall use their experience with Network Switching equipment and firewalls at the Tier II and Tier III level to provide networking support service for an Enterprise server virtual hosted environment. The contractor shall use their expertise with Cisco, Juniper, F5, and VMWare hardware/software to provide networking services. The system environment is VMware based with NetApp SAN storage infrastructure.
The candidate shall perform the following tasks:
* · Install, configure, and manage all aspects of the VMware Vsphere environment including creating virtual machines, installing new ESXi hosts, datastore creation and maintenance, P2V’s, and troubleshooting performance issues
* · Practical skills required for the installation, configuration, and management of VMware ESX.
* · In-depth knowledge of VMware vCenter, HA, DRS
* · VMware administration, configuration, capacity and growth planning.
* · Capable of producing health reports for VMware environment.
* · Good understanding of SAN/NAS storage technologies.
* · Experience as a NetApp SAN Storage Administrator Designing and Supporting NetApp Technologies
* · NetApp SnapManager, Snapshot, and Snap Mirror configuration and support
* · NetApp FilerView / OnTap configuration and support
* · NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI Storage installation and maintenance
* · Supporting storage connectivity to NetApp for ESX and SQL hosts
* · NetApp Aggregate and Volume configuration/support
* · Deep understanding of Microsoft OS including physical and virtual platforms
* · Maintain the overall health of networking technologies associated with VMWare and NetAPP environments.
* · Monitor the health of networking technologies with provided event management tools.
* · Strong experience with Juniper and Cisco.
* · Strong experience with VMWare networking.
* · Working knowledge of network load balancing technologies.
* · Extensive knowledge of Exchange architecture - databases and logs, mail routing and protocol support.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or related field of study. Additional years of experience and technical certifications may be used to meet a degree requirement.
DOD 8570 IAMII compliance including Security+. Equivalent certifications may suffice.
VMWare VCP Certification
NetApp NCDA Certification
Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Five years of experience providing IT services.
Expert skill level with VMWare
Experience updating and patching IT hardware