Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Lead Concierge - Maui
Job ID #: 23235
Company: Expedia Local Expert
Location: USA - HI - Lahaina
Functional Area: Hotel/Hospitality
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: 1-2 Years
Relocation Provided: No
The Lead Concierge is responsible for assessing guest needs, selling attractions and activity tickets that ensure a memorable vacation experience as well as supervising desk operations and the Concierge team at the desk. Qualified candidates bring proven sales and high-touch customer service skills to the team along with supervisory expertise. The Lead Concierge is knowledgeable about the local area and is the expert on the attractions that we sell. They manage all guest service issues to a positive resolution, train and develop team members, and build relationships with resort managers and partners. As a member of the team they uphold the Expedia Local Expert™ promise to “delight every guest by sharing my passion and local knowledge to arrange memorable experiences”.
* Provide each guest with a professional and courteous greeting and outstanding guest service.
* Build rapport with the guest and assist guest in selecting the product that matches their needs. Needs are assessed via the discovery process (i.e. asking questions).
* Meet or exceed established sales targets in a commissioned environment.
* Demonstrate the ability to generate sales and up sell product by “painting the picture” to maximize the guest’s experience.
* Take responsibility for solving guest issues in a timely fashion with a sense of urgency. Follow up on issues to ensure that they are resolved positively. Manage elevated issues professionally.
* Show proven ability to sell in person and on the phone.
* Use sales tools to invoke a sense of urgency to get the guest to commit; closes the sale and gets guest to make payment.
* Provide a thorough, detailed recap of the purchase along with properly thanking the guest for their business.
* Manage the operational aspects of the desk.
* Enforce corporate and location specific policies.
* Lead, mentor, coach and train the Concierge team.
* Build relationships with hotel partners and with the desk team.
* Communicate appropriate issues up to management.
* Assist leadership teams to implement new projects, open new desks and be a subject matter expert for the territory.
* 2+ years of sales and supervisory experience in a performance driven environment.
* Tours and activities experience within Hawaii is highly preferred.
* Exceptional guest service skills.
* Ability to adapt to and support change within the business.
* Ability to overcome objections and offer alternate solutions.
* Timeliness and a professional appearance.
* Knowledge of the local area and attractions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must (fluent English required, bilingual a plus).
* Strong listening skills to be able to identify guest and team member needs.
* Self motivated with the ability to work independently in a sales driven environment.
* Knowledge of travel and/or ticket industry and concierge experience a plus.
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds and to stand for long periods of time.
* Proven ability to juggle multiple duties and prioritize.
* Flexible with scheduling and able to work all days, all shifts at all locations as the business dictates.
* Computer literate.
Expedia, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits to our full-time employees including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental, life insurance, vacation time and much more. Please indicate your availability when submitting your resume and/or application.
E-Verify Participation Notice:
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee''s I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***