Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Location:Honolulu, HI, US
Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager is part of the management team that will be responsible for the overall daily operations of the total store while creating an amazing employee and customer experience. In addition, in the absence of the store manager, the Assistant Manager has complete accountability for store operations and management.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Inspire and lead a diverse, high energy, genuinely friendly, customer-centric team.
- Direct and allocate work of employees to meet customer needs and to enhance the Microsoft Retail experience. Recognize and make adjustments throughout the workday as required.
- Build and establish amazing relationships with employees, customers, vendors/suppliers, Corporate partners, and community organizations.
- Coaching and managing a great team of customer associates 50% or more of your time, including managing 10-15 direct reports (depending on store size).
- Foster a continuous learning environment through ongoing formal and informal employee training that delivers the most knowledgeable and skilled team in retail.
- Provide recognition and critical feedback, development and growth opportunities focused on producing the next team of leaders and reducing turnover to below 20% annually.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in carrying out all managerial duties.
- Recommend, execute, and complete merchandising initiatives in a consistently timely manner.
- Analyze and indentify current customer buying trends while strategizing to meet anticipated future needs and preferences as well as providing related strategy recommendations to the Store Manager and appropriate Corporate teams.
- Increase sales through strategy development designed for local customer needs, balancing with the effective execution and team support of overall Microsoft retail strategies.
- Determine, set, and regularly monitor staffing levels, scheduling, and payroll.
- Maintain a safe working environment and protect company assets including people, merchandise, facilities, and money.
- Ensure proper cash handling, merchandising, and inventory control policies and procedures are precisely communicated and followed.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and develop employees while achieving all employment-related compliance requirements.
- Assess employee progress and provide continuous performance feedback both formally and informally.
- Engage, educate, excite, and empower both employees and customers alike with the same level of passion and commitment.
- Smile, have fun, work hard and achieve success.
- A minimum of three years in retail management, preferably in a consumer electronics and/or high-end retail environment.
- College Degree Preferred
- Demonstrated performance leading a strong team focused on excellence in service and sales
- Must be able to work your regularly scheduled shift
- Must be able to be mobile throughout the store
Additional Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to remain positive, lead, and embrace change
- Thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, public facing environment
- Lifting with or without assistance (loading and unloading all those great products and carrying purchases out for our customers may be required!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. mstrt-store-as